The Sandman Presents: Dead Boy Detectives (2001)

 Issue #1


I think the fact that most adults can’t see the kids is great. That’s how life feels when you’re young anyway.


Issue #2


Things are picking up. What a cool connection. For a second I wondered if it really could be Gadling but then remembered the way he’s able to keep on living. That’s not really fakeable. I wonder if he’s having his identity stolen or if this Marquis guy is just mostly full of it. A family passing down their resources onto the next generation to fight an immortal killer can fill the pages of an independent series.


Issue #3


It’s funny that he was clearly de Rais, then I went to thinking the similarity of appearance was coincidental, then thinking he might be some type of malicious entity, then this issue being so clear throughout that the kids have been far too trustworthy. (Not a flaw, the level of gullibility was explained after all.) A funny route to follow. 


Issue #4


I like the motherly teacher side character. Not a very complicated mystery or one with too many layers to it, but fun all the same. A little bit disappointed that the boys weren’t super compelling characters though. I wasn’t expecting the world, but just wanted more of their personality traits to pop so that it was more entertaining to follow their adventures. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men vs The Brood