The Sandman: Overture
Issue #1
Dream and his Dream selves? The J.H. art is nothing short of a spectacle.
Issue #2
Dreams across time. Interesting. Forgot about Daniel.
Issue #3
Yay we get a story. How lovely. Hope is just a gem I hope things end happy for always for her. Unfortunately, this doesn’t look like it will be the case. Loving loving my man J.H.’s work here. Super expansive and dreamlike. This issue swallowed me whole.
Issue #4
Dream being so hesitant to kill was actually really sad. I wonder if Delirium could help. Or why Death didn’t just take over. I guess it wasn’t their place. A lot of crazy time stuff here. Hope is one of the best Dream duo characters, I hope this isn’t the end for her. It’s cool seeing Dream go from thoughtful and personable to selfish and moody to thoughtful and moody.
Issue #5
Just so beautiful. To be able to create and take the audience into such a new world. Seeing all the aliens saved by Dream, individuals for all the trillions that died, still means everything. I thought that was a supremely beautiful sentiment.
Issue #6
And time puts everything back into its right place. This will be great for a reread and great to read as a history before reading Sandman again. Beautiful read.
Comments
Post a Comment