The Omega Men (2015)
Issue #1
What a violent first issue. I know nothing about the Omega Men but I did not expect them to be scorched earth types. I wonder if there’s a Darkseid or at least Apokoliptian connection. Don’t know enough about what’s going on to get a good feel about this series so far.
Issue #2
There’s gonna have to be a lot of work done to make me see the Omega Men as good guys, or at least, like them. They really just kill everybody. I liked Kyle turning the Omega symbol into a Green Lantern symbol matched with the oath being a form of prayer.
Issue #3
That was actually an insane plot twist. I hope this is continued to be further constructed. The princess having this pretense of kindness was so blatant, I liked that it was curved in the direction of being this mastermind for whatever purpose. Everyone in this comic except Kyle seems like the absolute worst . Disturbing how in control the Princess was. Wonder how much the other Omega Men know about what’s going on and what’s happening behind the scene
Issue #4
This art matched the vibe of the issue perfectly. Not sure if I want it for every single issue, but the fluidity was so powerful. Haven’t read much about Kyle but I like this depiction of him as just a regular dude. And more than that, he really lives with fear. Really forces him to be interesting when there’s no Ring, no reliance on that tool as a story device.
Cancel subscription
Issue #5
Broot was cool. Loved his pursuit of the truth. Hope we get to see things start to connect more soon. Have no idea how much of Primus’ explicit motives are true and don’t know where the Princess’ desires play a role in all this. I still don’t even know much about this whole Alpha and Omega thing. I am a little worried that we’ll get too much information too late.
Issue #6
I like the propaganda poster covers. Kyle too trusting perhaps. I have no idea if he knew the bomb was just a tracking device or not? No clue how any of this was part of the plan. Still so much I’m unsure of, I’m starting to question the value of that fact being this deep in the book.
Issue #7
Has to be different than the Grayson Hypnos right? But that can’t be just a fun nod, maybe the tech derived from aliens. I’m glad Kyle isn’t a blind fool. Trusting but not ignorant to evidence. Finally more of the veil is lifted.
Issue #8
We’re even getting a Doc backstory. That’s funny to me. Red girl is weird but this issue made me care about her a little more. I like that we’re getting a Kyle with more autonomy now. He has a big choice to make on the whole issue with the citadel and how to solve it. I thinks that’s an interesting character direction for him, as we also are gonna see what he’s capable of.
Issue #9
I “will” is pretty neat. Love that last page with all the colors of the spectrum. Excited to see how Kyle will continue to forge his own way.
Issue #10
Princess is a not quite (jury’s still out though) evil mastermind.
Issue #11
Love these White Lantern designs, perhaps not as an every day type thing, but it just works here. Cool that he bought the cross back. Yeah I’m all aboard the Scrapps train now, love that Broot is being getting his moment, yes? Yeah the Princess is one slimy character.
Issue #12
Not sure the Viceroy thing makes full sense, I’ll have to do a complete reread, but I did get chills from reading that, so the emotional impact is what matters. I really hate Kalista. A Lantern, an Omega Man, and a Believer. Kyle couldn’t hold onto any of these things. Fantastic moment. 10/10 no notes. It’s war all the way down. Really enjoyed this issue. I feel like the “mystery” aspect of the book was largely unnecessary but I thoroughly enjoyed everything about futility, the intrinsic nature of being, and control.
Comments
Post a Comment