Tom King’s Vision

Issue #1


What an introduction. And what a pairing between writer and artist. There is this clear unsettling undercurrent which is also conveyed visually through the uncanny appearance and speech of the family. Love the metacognition and break down of everything to a linguistic level. It’s a cool sociologically introspective approach. Disaster striking so early is tragic, as we can see how the roots that this family grow from are tainted.


Issue #2


It hurts seeing the family just…trying. Trying to be normal. Trying to learn and grow. That’s just not how things can go for them. It’s interesting how their emotions are synthesized. 


Issue #3


Vision protective over his family. Nice to see. I really keep focusing on the way they all express emotions, Vision so far has the most emotionally dense language, probably due to his experience with social interactions. But we still see a range of emotions from the family, such as Virginia crying. Just interesting to see how they are growing in this very human manner. 


Issue #4


I love this “No. No. No.” repetition. Very robotic but it’s filled with emotion. Also loving the voice of these characters, great mix of them being androids but also giving them life. They’re real. The darkness of this comic is great because you can see how close things are to working out, but you just know things won’t go that way. 


Issue #5


Wow. Vision choosing to lie. I wonder if he’s telling himself everything is fine just like he told himself Virginia is his wife so he must love her. I like the metaphor of Vision choosing to fix the table later as it relates to the family putting off their deep rooted problems and running from them. Really good issue.


Issue #6


P and NP being the same? Nah, NP and P being the same. The happy, normal family life might just not have a findable solution for Vision. Not sure how I feel about the heavy Agatha inclusion, it’s taking away (just slightly), from the hyper focused family lens of this comic. 



Issue #7


Love the cover. Even an Android can cry. Phenomenal issue. It’s like poetry, it rhymes. Vision going through his own Wanda crisis of sorts through continuing with his “lie” is just incredible. Wanda and Vision are immensely fun together. King did a great job at writing their romance and showing why Vision would want to direct himself to create a family in the first place. 



Issue #8


Virginia is a supremely sad character. I think it’s such a fascinating point to mention that her downloading the right notes to play feels like she’s just becoming the piano and not creating something from the use of the piano as a tool. Knowing that the family is destined for ruin is part of what makes this such a tragedy, as we see how they start to fall apart despite their best efforts. 


Issue #9


Just yikes. Vision watching his family fall apart before his eyes is definitely something that could cause him to start hurting his friends. So much pain swelling inside every character. Maybe that’s what makes them human. That’s what makes them alive. 


Issue #10


Yeah thinking back, using Wanda’s brainwaves was just not a good idea. Still sad to watch Virginia come undone within herself. Vision believing in a God and at the same time believing that he isn’t part of God’s plans and can’t have his prayers be answered by God is supremely sad. Like Shakespeare said, revenge is just the natural course of action. 


Issue #11


It just goes through me. I love how interwoven everything is. Everything means something now, but also before and later. I wonder why Virginia wanted to see the future. 


Issue #12


I believed Virginia’s story 100% up until the I “can confirm it.” Lol. I think it makes for a more interesting story for Vision’s need for a normal family to move him to compromise his morals. Okay, Vision confirmed that this was just Virginia lying, fair enough. I wish I really took into account the seasons during my reading of this. The ending is pretty great. “In the end, we begin again. And everything is new and different.” This is just an obviously great and well written story. Love how King characterized the sythezoids, had them do a lot of introspection, and showed a not quite human but definitely real family. That’s part of the extreme tragedy, that they couldn’t find the normality as a family that they sought out, but were still a family nonetheless. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men vs The Brood