We Are Robin

 Issue #1


Super fun start. Duke is an interesting character to me and I love the idea of Robin being taken up as a communal mantle.


Issue #2


Now Duke truly enters the fold. I’d love to get into the specifics of the group and dig into each character. 


Issue #3


These are some fun covers. Slick style and fashion. Wish we had more time with Troy to fully feel the impact of that sacrifice but that was a sad moment anyway. I liked how big of a moment defusing the first bomb was, something that would be a more casual event for Batman and Robin. The sweat, tears, and throw up really sold the intensity here, great art. 


Issue #4


Love the art direction here. Very weird interlude type style, but the out thereness of the art and knowing Riko’s character made it work. 


Issue #5


Some brutal deaths here wow. I like how they’re all kinda strangers to each other and also gave to figure out their role in being heroes. A lot of learning for all of them to do. 


Issue #6


Hope Dre doesn’t go off the deep end. It’s fun watching how they develop as a team. 


Issue #7


We Are Robin #7


The Dick Duke Thomas narration fake out. Pretty nice, reinforces the connection between the two. Decent issue, hope we get more into the root of things, this one felt kinda quick. 


Issue #8


Punch Line? I know her! Kinda crazy that they have Joker posters in the first place. This is kinda a weird place where it feels like the comic should have ended after Robin War, but more Duke is good for the soul. 


Issue #9


Decent issue. Poor Riko. Smiley had a fairly interesting backstory but not an interesting motive and is a fairly standard Joker acolyte .


Issue #10


Dark Dre is kinda fun. I’m liking his whole moody teen thing. Duke ignoring Riko is wack ngl.


Issue #11


I wonder if he’s Joe Chill’s son or nephew. Obviously there’s the connection there, but I feel like it’s kinda big if he’s his son and they don’t mention it directly. Those school shooting tweets are too real.


Issue #12


A little disappointed tbh. A cool idea that maybe should have stayed short. We didn’t get to go into depth about pretty much any character here which made a lot of the conflict feel shallow, especially in the latter half. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men vs The Brood