Superman: Lost

 Issue #1


This is a great start and a great inciting incident. To be gone for so long and change so much while everyone ends was static has to be brutal. The flashbacks have a lot of potential to be super fun. 


Issue #2


Clark being used to holding his breath is both baller and also sad. Just emphasizes to be the vastness of space and how alone he was in his mission. “I have giant testes.” Truth Nuke. I was liking those alien guys dang bro they’re ruthless. The sci-finess of this all is fun. I like the different alien cultures. 


Issue #3


Super cool Superman suit. Having a prey vs predator situation is a great way to utilize aliens and show how out of the loop Clark is. I also thought him leaving the Kansas situation with no resolution felt off, glad to know that this is a plot point.


Issue #4


I like the fact that there are bigger political problems where the solution isn’t just to smash things and go home feeling good about yourself. Victor explaining what the planet is like and not being a mustache twirling villain added to that depth as well. Love Clark trying to find an alternative, non violent solution. (Thought Jimmy would be an even bigger ally, it’s just destiny!) Really enjoying this art as well, that Green Lantern is so fine. 


Issue #5


Her being named Hope is incredible. And the political world building for Kansas. Priest my guy you still got it. Lois helping anchor Clark: that’s a real one right there.


Issue #6


Mixing the cape and the Suit just works. Being unanimously voted off the planet must suck. Interesting conversation to be had about Clark imposing his will on a people that do not want it. Clark still choosing to trust in Hope…I don’t know about that one. I wonder if that’s time stream Clark or someone inspired by him or something. 


Issue #7


Awesome cover. I’m not gonna lie the false story has me lost from the inclusion of it. Definitely a dry issue for me. Lois getting cancer and powering through it though…Next level. 


Issue #8


Kara wears that white well. I wonder if Lex really did hire that guy. Superman closed the rift but I thought the problem was more of the planet’s sun? Hopefully we’ll get a real conclusion with him talking to the people and not just solving the problem on his own. 


Issue #9


Lois really had to take responsibility for the faking pregnancy thing. That is an unbelievable toxic lie to create. I did like how she reasoned and solved the Lex situation though.Ain’t no way Hope showing up preggers bro.


Issue #10


Wow weird time travel stuff. Dang Clark had to fully lose himself to bring him back to Lois. That’s actually a powerful move/sentiment. Out of everything I think I’ll hold onto that the most. Some parts of this were hard to grasp onto, such as some Lois moments and the constant quoting of Kierkegaard, but overall a meaningful story that connects Lois and Clark. Pretty nice resolution.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men vs The Brood