Spider-Man: Life-Story
Spider-Man: Life-Story #1
Love the direction of this world. Cap vs Iron Man Civil War being the Vietnam War is crazy and makes too much sense. This story is based around responsibility which truly makes it Spider-Man’s Life Story. The real timeline adds so much depth to Spidey and his story here.
Spider-Man: Life-Story #2
lol at Stark having Iron Man still be secret. Super interesting way to handle the Gwen death, though I wish it was more of a “failure” on Peter’s end.
Spider-Man: Life-Story #3
This was a beautiful issue very mature. Peter has real problems with his relationships but it’s not misery porn. You can really get a sense of how the symbiote is an addiction. I also love how the Cold War is connected with Kraven going on his last hunt and seeing how he’s moving with his own sense of honor. Also some gorgeous panel work throughout this series.
Spider-Man: Life-Story #4
The clone twist is pretty good, it makes some sense, makes me wonder if this Harry is a clone too. WAIT DOUBLE TWIST. Now that’s incredible. That’s a fun way to play with the confusing nature of the clone saga. Maybe I missed it but Ben is still married to clone Gwen right? Where is she now? Ok for some reason I thought they would trade lives, but Peter is just giving his to Ben. Really no excuse to give everything to his family now.
Spider-Man: Life-Story #5
That’s such a great reasoning why Spider-Man is living in the middle of nowhere. He has to forcibly suppress his need to help others. Beautiful when you think about it. Wow Civil War for life. Morlun isn’t as grand as his appearances usually are but was just as impactful and made for great change.
Spider-Man: Life-Story #6
“It’s a good dream.” Honestly some of the time jumps were brutal, but I liked going through Peter’s publication history with him. Seeing how it changes him while seeing how it all relates to his core tenant of responsibility. Such a thoughtful love letter to the character.
Spider-Man: Life-Story Annual
This was a nice little flashback of sorts. I’m glad more time was given to Jonah. I wouldn’t mind more of these focusing on topics like his relationship with Mary Jane, the symbiote, etc.
Comments
Post a Comment