Robin War

 Robin War #1


The Batman tragedy being recreated by the young man is such a cool visual framing. I liked seeing how the vigilantism by the kids could be so much more flawed compared to Batman’s standards. What’s also interesting is seeing the police over response and the overpolicing of these young kids, featuring the abuse of innocents. Good depiction of a system that operates on fear. 


Grayson #15


I have to say I absolutely love the Duke prop. “You’ve got it, Duke. Everyone sees it.” Best co-sign ever. Dick pulling a classic loving manipulation masterclass. 


Detective Comics #47


Nice issue. Good to see how Dick got through to Gordon. Although I have to say he was so clearly in the wrong, as an anti corruption guy I feel like he would have stepped in earlier. 


We Are Robin #7


The Dick Duke Thomas narration fake out. Pretty nice, reinforces the connection between the two. Decent issue, hope we get more into the root of things, this one felt kinda quick. 


Red Hood / Arsenal #7


The Tim and Jason heart to heart was nice. 


Robin: Son of Batman #7


Honestly recruiting Damian is the smartest and stupidest thing they could have done. Perfect candidate that you will never be able to control. Mid issue. 


Gotham Academy #13


Cute art style. Cute comic. 


Teen Titans (2014) #15


Ok Cassie. Wow. All my friends hate government mandated tie-ins.


Robin War #2


Wow, connecting Nightwing to an owl is just a genius level connection. Guts and glory Taylor. Big brother Grayson always taking on the load by himself. Neat little event about what it means to be Robin but wish that was explored even further. The Talon stuff was a good personal connection for Dick but I felt it hindered the rest of the Robin stuff conceptually. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men vs The Brood