Richard Dragon, Kung-Fu Fighter

 Issue #1


Real heroes taking down the slavers. Big change from Richard being a racist thug to that. The Dennis backstory in the letters section is quite funny. 


Issue #2


The Swiss is a nasty guy. Interesting foe, he looks like he’s more of a non combatant. 


Issue #3


Always gonna appreciate some Kirby art, though I feel like it’s a pairing mismatch here. I think a more standard style would have worked better for this grounded but still somewhat fantastical martial arts world. 


Issue #4


I like how quickly the whole disguise and subterfuge  aspect crumbled. Fun fights so far but not a lot of meat. Just sort of whatever. I’m starting to feel like G.O.O.D. might not be so good…


Issue #5


The cover and flashforward really spoiled the entire issue. Super weird choice. Why even have Shiva hide her identity lol. I like the Dragon persona that takes over.


Issue #6


How do you think putting a bomb in a volcano is even a remotely good idea. And what? Slash definitely didn’t outsmart you, how would he have survived that? These issues have been going by quick.


Issue #7


The fights have been truly fun. Wish there was more in terms of plot and characterization though. Also Ben being sidelined this long is bumming me out. 


Issue #8


Slash’s henchman looks like the man whose boat he commandeered. Error or just an unfortunate similarity? Okay it was just a deep similarity. 


Issue #9


Racists get rocked. Nice. What a quick resolution. No deliberation or talking about Ben’s situation or nothing. Just death punch and pose. 


Issue #10


Dennis really does not like racists. Nice to see them continuously getting beat on especially during this era, but hope this isn’t all that’s done with Ben’s character. 


Issue #11


Richard really does have an anger streak (not sure enough to call it a problem.) I’m surprised at the amount of bodies he’s racking up, but he was a thug before his training under O-Sensei with Ben.


Issue #12


A good classic mirror fight? I like going from Richard’s adventure to Ben and Shiva’s. Usually I don’t like the fact that Ben and Shiva seem notably incompetent compared to Richard but in this context it absolutely makes sense. 


Issue #13


Not the best issue in terms of fights. Looks like the Richard and Shiva romance is growing some legs. 


Issue #14


Love some Bruce Lee glaze. Good fight. 


Issue #15


Yeah I hate this foreword that spoils what happens for genuinely no reason. Takes the impact out of the moment, especially when it happens so soon after you learn it’s going to happen. Didn’t expect this to be a 2+ parter. 


Issue #16


When is the reveal that Barney is the cause of all this?


Issue #17


Maybe the coolest thing done with their fighting skills so far was the magnetism fight. 


Issue #18


Sad this had to end with so many answered questions, but glad it made it to 18 issues nonetheless. Decent book, some fun martial arts fight scenes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men vs The Brood