Ben Reilly: Spider-Man

 Issue #1


Decent little first issue. The whole Ben loner thing is coming on strong but it’s part of his character. I wonder what direction the first date killings will take. Not sure how it’ll tie into his trauma. 


Issue #2


I hope there’s no lame villain twist with Kafka. The murder mystery is a fascinating aspect of this book to me. I really like Ben making a collection of awkward loners. The Parker template is just so charming. Chill issue. 


Issue #3


I love the style of narration by DeMatteis. Very rich in character. Cool use of the clones too. 


Issue #4


This cover rips. I like the neediness of Spidercide. Him being the first date killer doesn’t really make sense based off his social skills and the random motive for killing them on the spot. Spidercide is a very mixed character for me. Bringing him back after the emotional “death” and him completely going against his past motives feels so cheap to me. 


Issue #5


Spidercide so bipolar man. Wish there was more of a back and forth with him instead of his distracted he felt. Still a decent character. I liked seeing Ben get his joy back and really find his footing as a unique individual. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men vs The Brood