Dceased
DCeased
Issue #1
Taking out Batman early was a good choice, bold move. I like the spread of the infection via internet because of the speed of the transmission and how you can’t isolate it easily. It’s also a good in-universe creation of how this virus was created. Great hook for a first issue.
Issue #2
Green Canary has such a sick design. Quick issue but very readable. Alfred calling Batman son was a nice gut punch of a cherry to end it all off.
Issue #3
This was the saddest issue for me. “He isn’t here, Ma. He isn’t here.” Just such a resigned Superman. No big speeches, no determined looks of power. Just trying to save who he can and move forward.
Issue #4
These covers have been hitting. I really enjoy how space is given to moments. No dialogue, just the remaining holding onto each other as tightly as they can. Everything is so fragile, even with all of these superhumans. That level of urgency makes for some good tension.
Issue #5
Powerful powerful Lex Luthor moment. I love whenever he refers to Metropolis as a shared city between him and Superman. My favorite iterations of Lex Luthor have genuine love for the city and the people within it, to the point that it can even be a source that overcomes his ego and hatred of Superman. Character revealing moment. This series is clean enough that I can ignore most of the Tom Taylorisms and appreciate his strengths. Touching and just flawlessly written goodbye from Clark to his family. I love the fact that he got confirmation from Cyborg that Barry was dead.
Issue #6
A sliver of hope forged from the darkness. I kinda am not a fan that there is a possible cure, especially after all the assurances that the infected are dead. At the same time, having death not a required option for them does make things more tragic. Good series, Tom Taylor had a concept and really stuck to it so beautifully, keeping a good cast and believable operation of the DC Universe. A lot to juggle when you zoom out but he made it work.
Comments
Post a Comment