DCeased: War of the Undead Gods
DCeased: War of the Undead Gods #1
Hope is back. I like how Brainiac is instantly open and talking about how dangerous the situation is. It’s that big. Tom Taylor likes messing with the (seemingly standard until an inciting event) world in a major way retroactively in these elseworlds. I don’t like Supergirl going to New Genesis and JUST getting there and then being turned for probably the reason of creating a strong antagonist. While all of that just reeks of convenience, I think it might be rubbing me wrong just because it’s making something familiar different. Let’s see what he does with that plot point.
DCeased: War of the Undead Gods #2
I’m sorry there is no way Kyle and Soranik stop that attack, and I think after five years of presumably not doing anything extreme in regards to the virus on Korugar, maybe a little Black Adaming, that there is no possible way that Sinestro was the source of the world attack. I think the misunderstanding versus a fundamental disagreement over destroying the carriers is a huge distinction. I don’t like how TT went about that entire sequence. Darkseid stacking up bonuses is funny, usually that’s reserved for the heroes.
DCeased: War of the Undead Gods #3
Not sure how to feel about the changing of the context of the virus so late in the game. The Anti-Life Equation made more sense and seemed more fitting than a general entity of darkness that this seems to be leading up to. I do like the Ragnorak type repetition of this great event.
DCeased: War of the Undead Gods #4
Everyone just loving everyone huh. Everything is just so crazy, I’m loving it. The Ares manipulation and a Mr. Mxyzptlk appearance is a lot of fun. Best issue yet.
DCeased: War of the Undead Gods #5
Everyone getting involved. Mr. Mxyzptlk getting infected feels like an instant loss. Not sure how he didn’t just take out everyone from the jump, pushing my suspension of disbelief there.
DCeased: War of the Undead Gods #6
Okay Superman doing the impossible and Alfred being the Spirit of Vengeance I dig that. I never really thought of Alfred’s rage before so this comic gives him another layer of agency that I like quite a bit.
DCeased: War of the Undead Gods #7
Cyborg Brainiac is a fun idea. Good move TT, you had me there.
DCeased: War of the Undead Gods #8
Kara was beyond useless wow. Well deserved emotional ending and big self sacrifice moment, but a middling experience overall. Having the big bad be some random entity that is so unmemorable and ultimately meaningless is a baffling choice to me. I get the focus is more on the characters as individuals and what they lose, but there’s an entire side of the conflict that is just…there. No idea why the Anti-Life Equation which started this whole thing, and is a DC staple in general just wasn’t used and explored further. Not awful but repetitive and often misses the mark for the sake of trying to create a dramatic moment.
Comments
Post a Comment