Thanos: Infinity Abyss
Issue #1
Love all the different Thanos designs. Silly and fun. It's a good use of the character to put him in a position where he has to be trusted while showing that he is very clearly up to something. Great start and setup.
Issue #2
Not the biggest fan of the way Starlin depicts the mind, mixing some solid depictions of characters with the abstract, but interesting to see how people depict the mind in general. That's just the way he does it. This hidden figure looks like a Star Wars dude.
Issue #3
Thanos v Thanos again for the first time? I do think the idea of him fighting against his actual self who was truly in his nihilist phase is a more exciting concept but this is still fun. I feel like we're spending some time aroung the nothing boxes and not with them. I'm not even sure I would want bigger roles for Spidey and Captain Marvel at this point.
Issue #4
"Answer hazy. Ask again later." Starlin loves dropping these little comedic gems. Spider-Man and Captain Marvel are the duo I didn't know I needed. A Galactus/Thanos combo feels very late 2010's/2020's to me.
Issue #5
Hey, I just read Avengers Forever :). This story has actually boiled down to be a pretty simple story of protecting an important cosmic figure while figures from Thanos' past of nihilism try to end them. It's simple in a nice way; I like how easily boiled down the big cosmic stuff is here. Also, a big sacrifice by Adam at the end, I can't wait to see how that informs his character.
Issue #6
Thanos encouraging Adam by having even darker thoughts than his child was a funny moment and also a great Thanos moment. Shows who he is and how he really hasn't changed even though he's changed goals. I absolutely love how the ending reinforces this and builds up the idea of Thanos going on these grand quests that are ultimately about self-fulfillment. Just a great, fun Thanos story.
Comments
Post a Comment