Justice League: Last Ride
Issue #1
That Wonder Woman battle skirt man. "Original" Green Lantern Hal. I was hoping for a more dramatic reason for the drift but this is still looking to have some nice personal drama. I wonder what they really define as being the reason for his death. At first, I was thinking if Batman killed someone or was the one who led to Jimmy dying.
Issue #2
The art and designs are modern but done in a way where it doesn't feel super imprisoned by the moment. I like that a lot. Arthur dead too? I wonder how botched things were. Batman being a human, not having any plans and not being Batgod now is such refreshing, good writing. Some writers take the Batman paranoia trait too far in a boring direction I fear.
Issue #3
J'onn's death mirroring the death of Batman's parents in his dream was a little corny to me. Batman is alway a hidden optimist.
Issue #4
I get that Superman is projecting, but him blaming Bruce to the level of the League falling apart stretches my suspension of disbelief a bit. I also feel like the mystery aspect here is taking away too much from getting into the heart of the real story, which lies in the interaction between the characters.
Issue #5
Cool flip on Darkseid Is. Darkseid clones are giving me bad flashbacks to Snoke.
Issue #6
Hmmm. Not quite feeling that twist. Darkseid piggybacking Hal until he could reveal himself feels too schemey to me. Like more of a Desaad plan than a Darkseid plan
Issue #7
This was just decent. Felt more like a bunch of bullet points then an overarching story with depth given to the characters. With the freedom given to do basically anything, not enough big or moving swings were taken.
Comments
Post a Comment