All-New All-Different Avengers
Issue #1
The Ms. Marvel story was the highlight of the issue. So funny. Everything SamCap does being examined through a racial lens was unfortunately super timely and might be even worse now. It was depicted very accurately.
Issue #2
I like Waid's style. It feels very typical superhero. The secrets identities, the misunderstandings, the extravaganza: It's all just pure comic bookness. It makes for an entertaining read. He also is one of the better comedic comic book writers.
Issue #3
Interesting Avengers lineup. Not sure how to feel about the old/young split though. There's for sure a lot of potential there though. Pretty meh villain and conflict, but I'm more focused on seeing where this team will go and how will things be organized with everyone being broke.
Issue #4
Fun but mostly generic issue. Still love the Sam and Kamala dynamic.
Issue #5
This Vision change is super interesting. I don't know why but just the concept of a sinister Vision making all these evil faces is so funny. I didn't think it would be real blackmail with Sam, but no, he has a real agenda.
Issue #6
Random X-Men stray wow. Again another fun issue, but nothing strong enough to really sink my teeth into. I'm looking for something more than just random villains of the week.
Issue #7
Such a sweet moment between Kamala and the Vision. I love how thoughtful the gift was. Pleasant Hill is a cool idea.
Issue #8
Overall, just a whatever issue, but nice seeing Deadpool being good with kids.
Issue #9
Jarvis being so angry and aggressive felt forced. I liked that Nadia sees Vision as family. An entire issue doing nothing but introducing her in this weird way was a baffling choice. The epilogue was good.
Issue #10
Loving these Alex Ross covers. Highlight of the series. I agree with Chris in the letters section, a crossover so early into this series, and this Avenger's history, was a big momentum killer. Even now, I still feel myself waiting for the series to really start. So far, there's nothing that shows why this group in particular are the Avengers, or taking advantage of this varied lineup. The money issues also have barely been touched on. Disappointed in how things are shaping up.
Issue #11
Funny introduction. Very cute.
Still meh on the plot but a good cliff-hanger.
Issue #12
I liked Nadia and Janet bonding. Last page was just great. Waid showing flashes of being Waid here.
Annual 1
Funny issue. Writing a story about you being the non-main point in a love triangle with your coworkers is...definitely something.
Issue #13
Most interesting issue so far. I like Kang being the current nemesis for Vision.
Issue #14
This was a cute issue. I think Nadia's character flaw of trying to control things by means of her science work, which costs her energy and mental stability is interesting, especially with how it relates back to Hank Pym.
Issue #15
Cute issue, I liked the throwback, but what an awful way to end the series. There was a lot of cuteness and good moments, but not much that revealed anything deeper about the characters. No meaningful interactions or shaping conflicts. The crossovers also ate away at this series and really halted all the progress that was being made. A disappointing mess, where some of Waid's charm shines through. That, however, was not enough to extract this series' full potential.
Comments
Post a Comment