The Maximortal

 The Maiximortal #1

I'm guessing this is another evil Superman story.

The Maximortal #2

Let's see what this direction is. Right now Wesley has his innocence but I doubt that'll last. Not super into this (partially due to reading this straight after Brat Pack no doubt), but I have to see how it's going to play out.

The Maximortal #3

I do find this path through (the somewhat fictional) history to be interesting. A little hesitant due to how much setup, maybe even meandering, there's been with not too much depth and only 4 issues left.

The Maximortal #4

Didn't even make the Sidney -> Disney connection until the font pointed it out. I thought this would be more about the "person" True-Man, but these last two issues or so have been more about the character and the world around him. It's a little disjointed but I do like the focus on the creators and creator rights, which I have to imagine is something that Rick is passionate about.

The Maximortal #5

The concept of these ideas being power and it's the ideas that are given shape and influencing their own physical expression is great. I like that a lot.

The Maximortal #6

I'm really liking the comics history side of this, especially as opposed to the WWII side. Though I understand that WWII plays a big role in comics and the industry, I feel like with True-Man and him being real that's just an entirely separate story.

The Maximortal #7

A lot of this feels super loose and spiraling, which I do respect and even enjoy to a degree. It's all about ideas, their power and where they come from. It's also about the ownership of ideas and their self-evident nature. I get that and even though it's pretty out there, the way it was depicted gave these concepts weight. I still feel like the story itself was too distracted from its core concepts, but in totality I think it worked. A living idea, moving and influencing across time. Not what I expected at all, but neat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men vs The Brood