Spider-Man vs. Wolverine
Wow, this was just excellent. I loved the focus on internal monologue, it was perfect for this somber and melancholic story. It also showcased the differences between Logan and Peter perfectly. Peter being so out of his depth here was great. This is how you write a real, relatable Peter Parker. Capable and powerful, yet still just a college kid, the world of spies and killers isn't his. Through Peter's internal monologue there's a lot of struggle, which I loved. I thought a key point was how his guilt continued to manifest itself, first by profiting off his heroics, and later by committing a murder. I also like that through the greyness of the Cold War espionage, Logan's humanity is reaffirmed. This issue really hammers in Logan's restraint, an interesting point. There's some degree of beauty in how this story is a tragedy, as Spider-Man leaves lower than he enters, but I also wish there was slightly more in the meaning, in the conclusion of the change. Wolverine sort of just leaves the story awkwardly, which I think is a shame. As an additional point, I loved the art and the paneling. Close-ups perfectly depicted heightened emotions, the use of shadows and blues fit the mood of the story, characters were posed dynamically, and so much more.
Comments
Post a Comment