Illuminator

Illuminator #1

I thought this would be generic by the introduction, and for the most part this issue was, but there were some scenes I considered interesting, I enjoyed how the radio corresponded to Andy's transformation and how the transformation was described. The villain, however, was so plain that it was disappointing. I like the portrait of Andy that is being drawn but I feel like the way his self-doubts are being depicted are pretty surface level.

Illuminator #2

The art is so weird. I wonder if the panels that are just black and white were because of time constraints because it does not feel like a stylistic choice. The lessons about faith really feel shoehorned in. I noticed it last issue, but the way it's formatted as part of conflict-resolution just feels too Sunday School. Due to some of the more mature topics here I doubt it, but it feels catered towards a much younger audience. I like the fact that Andy struggles and feel like that should be emphasized a lot more.

Illuminator #3

Yeah, this was a basic story. I tried to cling onto whenever I felt like there was something more, but the idea of "potential" can be deceiving at times. Illuminator was pretty straightforward and mostly boring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men vs The Brood