Bratpack
Bratpack #1
I feel like this is far too cynical for me. The "What if Batman and Robin were gay lol????" just made me roll my eyes, and I feel like the sexual abuse and predatory relationship being used for so many cheap punchlines is pretty disgusting. It's dark, but so far I feel like there's nothing clever or powerful that's being said about superheroes or the nature of sidekicks.
Bratpack #2
We'll see where this is headed...I greatly prefer dark to edgy.
Bratpack #3
It's hard to be engaged when everything's awful, things just get worse, and there's no apparent lesson to be learned from the bleakness
Bratpack #4
Everything going back to True-Man is neat, but other than that...yeah, no.
Bratpack #5
Lame! The heroes needed sidekicks for the sake of monetary reasons? Not new information. And as a critique of how comics operate, it's pretty low bar. Just an awful exercise in trauma porn, and doesn't work when all the characters are so clearly different and worse than the one's they're based on.
Comments
Post a Comment