Army @ Love
Army @ Love Issue #1
Bad people doing bad things. Interested to see how things evolve.
Army @ Love Issue #2
This is scarily realistic. So far it looks like everyone is awful except maybe Beau. Therefore, I need to not attach myself for the moment when he inevitably dies.
Army @ Love Issue #3
I have to say I'm hooked. I love the drama and the high emotions within these interpersonal relationships.
Army @ Love Issue #4
Not sure how I feel about him not caring about his wife's infidelity. I guess there's still so many other places for that type of drama, but there was such a big buildup and that moment felt like a deflation. I'm waiting for this all to fall apart, it looks like the events for the collapse are in motion.
Army @ Love Issue #5
I thought that Baghi was a term I just didn't know. Just finally seeing that we're in "Afbaghistan." Wondering why the change, when it's so direct.
Army @ Love Issue #6
I wish I had more to say, I'm just enjoying everything.
Army @ Love Issue #7
Dee, the just bearing enough mom. Major Frick is an interesting character. She seems to be a major player, pulling strings behind the scenes.
Army @ Love Issue #8
I wonder why Loman needs to find out what happened to Allie so badly. She has Mongrolia @ Love now.
Army @ Love Issue #9
Flab was super pathetic. Let's see if he can bounce back. Beau is about to get everyone killed.
Army @ Love Issue #10
The Allie and Batsukh story is oddly compelling. Such a tragedy. This was a sad issue in general, considering the Beau stuff. Didn't know Flabbergast was Asian. Guess Switzer has a type.
Army @ Love Issue #11
Generation PWNED is still so crazy. I was wondering why Batsukh was chosen to receive all the women. I liked the smoke session.
Army @ Love Issue #12
Dark ending but that's war. Didn't expect Flab to die, but also hey: No body. Beau's little victory had me smiling. Batsukh being a movie "star" was wild. He deserved to be alone. But he also was great in his role. I wonder how much of it was real, because there was definitely a connection to the Mountain Mother.
Army @ Love (2008) Issue #1
This was a surprising incredible first issue. So much going on and it all flowed together so beautifully. Liked Royden and Flab, glad they're still alive.
Army @ Love (2008) Issue #2
Love the cover. Forgot to mention last issue but that stuff with Rick is just genius. There's a lot of bad people here but Loman is just so unlikeable.
Army @ Love (2008) Issue #3
Young secretary from the future? I guess the cloning works out. It's crazy how love makes the men so weak. Healey now is so different from the suave and composed man at the start of the series.
Army @ Love (2008) Issue #4
This time stuff is fun. Loman trying to juggle too much. I have no idea what the calamity could be.
Army @ Love (2008) Issue #5
Powerful issue. I felt so bad for everyone. I'm glad there's at least a chance for them to change things.
Army @ Love (2008) Issue #6
Didn't like Loman but man that's such a brutal end. I was just about to say that all this ending felt too happy-go-lucky. Weird direction everything took to be honest. That's so Rick.
Edit: Wow, thought there would be an epilogue issue, no...this is it. Not sure how to feel about this series overall, but I liked some of the character work done. It didn't lead to much other than dramatic moments though. Deeper character arcs could have been there but there was a lot of fun throughout the series. It also kept the comedic tone, while also being about soldiers who are fighting a war to scratch their own itches. After the first issue, I was a bit worried, but I'm glad there was a lot of time given to the criticism towards the U.S. military-industrial complex.
Comments
Post a Comment