Top 10

 Top 10 Issue #12

What a great series, a lot of variation of themes and characters and Moore is able to trat it all with depth and dignity. Nothing felt too cheap or basic. Somehow, in this crazy world he created, it was all real. Such a refreshing read, I'm glad I read this. :)

Top 10 Issue #11

Jeff really grew on me. When he was called Jaafs in his dream a couple issues back, I assumed it was because his uncle was senile or something of the sort. Just an interesting piece of information to learn about him. Joe Pi is a good fit, that hillbilly vending machine joke was crazy.

Top 10 Issue #10

This is just awesome. I love Moore. The Rumor being a real character/entity, just wow. I did not expect an all-out war against the commissioner, but man did it deliver on something I didn't even know would happen.

Top 10 Issue #9

Caesar kissing that prostitute after what he said to Jack about how he views humans really rubs me the wrong way...King Peacock's coliseum fights definitely seemed manufactured from some authority, maybe from the Commissioner herself. You can see how distressing the fights are to him, which make it hard to watch. On the edge of my seat with this one.

Top 10 Issue #8 

So many different comics and nerd culture references and cameos. Noticing it especially in this issue. Alan Moore, I am sorry that comics ended up breaking your heart. Such a powerful issue, easily my favorite so far. From that beginning, I was afraid that Peregrine would die, but that intro gives such great context into her life and lifestyle, which makes the ending hit even harder. Alan Moore isn't afraid to have these raw, emotionally dense moments and I love that about his work. Death is always portrayed so importantly and I appreciate that a lot. The marriage between writing and art is so strong here, and I'm thankful for that.

Top 10 Issue #7

I really hope Sarge doesn't hurt Toybox. Maybe Jeff's dream was about Julius. Another entertaining issue, I love the random politics of such a diverse world, makes for great humor and unexpected moments.

Top 10 Issue #6

In the letters section they mentioned having a science-hero porn star, I thought it was just a joke. Jeff's a jerk, but at least he's trying. Everyone in this cast is just so likable, a product of how satisfying Moore's writing is no doubt. Having a very fun time with this series, its one of the ones where you really don't want it to end.

Top 10 Issue #5 

Moore creating the scraps and having the lyrics be funny and creative instead of corny is something I'm so grateful for. They played in my head in a kinda Skee-Lo or Slick Rick type of way. Duane and Kowalski have good rapport.

Top 10 Issue #4 

I like that everybody trusts Sarge, he's just such a likable character. Most characters here have some sort of charm. It makes it nice seeing them interact and interact with all the other wacky beings in this ABC world. Talking down Gograh was a good moment.

Top 10 Issue #3 

What a lived in universe. I love how there's so much going on that would be treated like a spectacle anywhere else, but is just normal here. There's kind of a comforting feeling to see all the extraordinary aspects of this world be seen as these mostly mundane things.

Top 10 Issue #2 

I'm having fun on this superhero cop joyride. Even with Sarge being colorblind, I don't think he would be able to see Li as regularly naked. Still a funny joke. The synthesiac cop is very interesting, I like how that ability is showcased in detective work.

Top 10 Issue #1 

Wow, we're thrown right into the middle of things. On one hand, I respect Moore for not babying his readers and expecting them to catch up, on the other hand it's hard to focus when there's so much the brain has to focus on. All of the information is new and there's no context to go with it. I enjoyed this issue, but I hope we get to straighten things out a bit more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men vs The Brood