Superman: Up in the Sky
Superman: Up in the Sky Issue #6
The best issue. Superman stands unbeaten and unbroken. His conversation with Alice shows how much King understands the character in every aspect. Such a wonderful conclusion.
Superman: Up in the Sky Issue #5
Wasn't the best fan of the POV writing, but the reveal at the end made it worth it, I think. I was wondering why this wasn't the final issue. King often lets readers ponder and speculate before revealing something that makes you shows how he specifically drew you to a certain line of reasoning. I will probably reread this issue with a new perspective.
Superman: Up in the Sky Issue #4
I wonder if they'll continue to be split next issue. I wasn't in love with this issue, but I can appreciate it. I see the vision (no pun intended) and I do like how we can see that Alice is putting all her hope in Superman
Superman: Up in the Sky Issue #3
Superman worried about Lois in a very human way, it felt real, how he just needed to get in contact with her and feel her voice. The Sgt Rock story was decent, I feel like it actually would have been better with no Superman, as the invulnerable hero who saves the day at the end
Superman: Up in the Sky Issue #2
I love how King is not afraid to let aliens be foreign and weird. I liked the art better in this issue, seeing how savagely Superman is getting beat, but enduring anyway. That works perfectly.
Superman: Up in the Sky Issue #1
This is very much a Tom King Superman story (said affectionately). I wasn't the biggest fan of the art, especially dislike the faces, but the colors are beautiful. Pretty dark issue, but this darkness is testing Clark and we see his hope, even through the uncertainty. I think I like an uncertain Superman more than the average Supes fan, because no matter how much he is tested, he'll rise to the occasion anyway.
Comments
Post a Comment