Man-Thing (1997) Strange Tales (1998)
Man-Thing (1997) Issue #1
Crazy first issue. I love how DeMatteis isn't afraid to get into the dark and metaphysical. I really like the weirdness here and the empathetic abilities of Man-Thing. Interested to see where this story could possibly go.
Man-Thing (1997) Issue #2
Really weird series direction, a bit skeptical about it, but this has been a really fun and transformative journey so far. I think Man-Thing himself has been the least interesting thing about this series, but maybe I'll think differently when I see things from his perspective more.
Man-Thing (1997) Issue #3
The art isn't perfect but does a good job at showcasing the vastness of these concepts, or at least their feelings. I find it interesting how this story is sort of the crossroads of dreams, thoughts/desires, and reality.
Man-Thing (1997) Issue #4
It's a lot to take in, and maybe a little too much, but still fun. I liked seeing Eric's history and mindset a lot. Wondering what the importance of Job is and how all these different moving parts connect.
Man-Thing (1997) Issue #5
I am putting some of the pieces together, nice. I still don't know why Mr. Termineus wants Job, what his plans are, and how these reality alterations are taking place, but I'll wait for later issues to expand upon things.
Man-Thing (1997) Issue #6
I like that this issue didn't take itself too serious but it's still a lot to take in with these out there concepts and long-winded explanations.
Man-Thing (1997) Issue #7
And I'm lost again.
Strange Tales (1998) Issue #1
I lost interest in the Man-Thing stuff with the endless narration unfortunately. It just became overbearing and exhausting.
Strange Tales (1998) Issue #2
I really like the Werewolf by Night art. Very feral and animalistic.
Comments
Post a Comment