Justice League: Cry for Justice

Justice League: Cry for Justice Issue #1

I remember not loving this, but I enjoyed this first issue on a reread. Really great art. GA was fun here. I just wish there was a more open discussion from the League's side of things because Hal's position makes sense.

Justice League: Cry for Justice Issue #2 

The dialogue is a bit hit or miss, but I like these interactions.

Justice League: Cry for Justice Issue #3 

This issue was a little too much setup for my taste. I hope next issue explores the concept of justice more and heroes being reactive instead of proactive because that's what I really liked about the concept of this.

Justice League: Cry for Justice Issue #4 

I think this issue did a good job at showing the muddied lines of everything. They went too far, now the League is stepping in.

Justice League: Cry for Justice Issue #5 

"Pretty bird...you've just turned real ugly!" is as great a line as it is awful. I feel like the Prometheus angle of him taking out the heroes right next to them is pretty weak. I liked the Carter and Ray moment.

Justice League: Cry for Justice Issue #6

This was such a stupid fight scene. Cool but I cannot stretch my imagination enough to believe that Prometheus could take down all of those Leaguers in a direct confrontation. Like, he took out Hawkman's wings, but he would still be able to fly because of his belt. It's just so over the top, in a way that wasn't fun like Deathstroke was in Identity Crisis.

Justice League: Cry for Justice Issue #7

I thought there was a really weird shift from the heroes trying to stop villains that hurt their own and act before the villains do to Prometheus awesome cool dope villain time. It does connect a bit with Green Arrow killing him at the end, but this story was disjointed. I also didn't like how Supergirl was written at all. She was written as this airhead teen girl who only thinks about love, but when she discovered that Freddy wasn't who he said he was, she kept it to herself for...reasons...The art in this issue was definitely rushed and the female anatomy here is funny.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men vs The Brood