Jungle Action
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #24
Sad that this end was so abrupt. Very important book though.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #23
DD and BP: Two of the best costumes in comics
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #22
Weird they said that the Klan wasn't racial at first. That is most definitely false. That's, like, the first thing you think of when thinking about the KKK and how they formed.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #21
Probably deserved the length of narration more than other issues. I think it's so specific though, instead of using all the words to talk about the general topic more and giving it depth. Last few issues were good, nit as great as the Panther's Rage stuff.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #20
Kevin(?) could be swapped out with Captain America and the speech would be a classic and often referenced speech for the character.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #19
I feel like it could have been more interesting considering it was BP was the KKK.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #18
The continuation of pain. I like that this epilogue showed how it continues in the face of idealism, a tragic fight that never truly ends. Beautiful.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #17
This was a big issue. War blends everything together. Ideals, change, love, it's all there. And all of it might be lost in the bloody ruthlessness of conflict. There was an excellent buildup to this point and the delivery was on point.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #16
Good issue. Venomm and Taku's budding friendship us something I wish we saw more of directly, but has a great conclusion here. Didn't think it would end with both of them walking away, slightly changed by the other. I found it super surprising that the revolution has been a long-lasting part of the plot and that it's been over a year in-universe. I like that as a focus.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #15
Leaving T'Challa alive is a proven mistake. Because he WILL survive and hunt you down.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #14
Interesting issue. Mokadi was a good element that served to question T'Challa and make him think about both the bigger picture and the details. Wakanda is a technological marvel, but still not a utopia. The panel layout has been hard to follow at times, going from left to right, to up and down, to diagonally, I just thought that was strange. I like how we're focusing on the human parts of some big questions as we see T'Challa try to take down the revolution.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #13
T'Challa has been slaughtering these animals jeez lol. I just think it's funny with how he talks about the sanctity of life. I wasn't expecting Tayette to show some backbone. He's a fun character.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #12
I love the narration, but I wish the art was allowed to breathe more. It could have spoken for itself a lot more, it's a bit disappointing to see it covered with wordy boxes. Still good though. Tayette and Kazibe are a really funny duo. I didn't expect Killmonger to be so much stronger than T'Challa, but it was nice seeing how he dealt with being put on the back foot.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #11
I like T'Challa's little proverbs and such. Shish kebab as part of the murder weapon is cool. I also like how T'Challa prowls about and strikes from the shadows. Makes for a lot of visually dynamic scenes.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #10
This took a weird turn. Got Freudian outta nowhere. I don't think it'll continue like that, but I thought it was an interesting moment.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #9
Love the narration. Very lush and intense. The changing attitudes of his people towards T'Challa has been interesting to see.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #8
Even weakened, T'Challa is an absolute monster. His power is tempered by compassion, which I like. I like the different NP poses and descriptions at the end.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #7
I like the use of animals in the fights. Makes them feel very fundamentally human. Just the raw struggle for life. T'Challa is cool here. A hunter with the presence of a king. The way he's written just fits the elements of the character so well. The art also does a great job at showing his traits.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #6
Killmonger had such a goofy design. Really strong start. I like the weight this issue starts off with: Showcasing T'Challa mourning a citizen who had such deep faith in him, but someone he didn't even know. T'Challa feels like he's losing his culture, and his people feel the same. Very interesting struggle. Also love the writing for the physical conflicts.
Jungle Action (1972) Issue #5
Love that classic Buscema art. Some things poorly aged here, but that's the nature of the beast. Funny that a drugged drink can effect Vision.
Comments
Post a Comment