Infinity Gauntlet (1991)
Infinity Gauntlet (1991) Issue #1
Decently interesting first issue, but the heavy exposition was definitely a drag. I liked how Mephisto was meek but also manipulating Thanos from the sidelines.
Infinity Gauntlet (1991) Issue #2
Not the number one fan of Starlin's narration but I love the characterization everyone. I like how Starlin really took the time to show the consequences from all life in the universe suddenly being erased. It's awesome that it's addressed by characters like Galactus and Odin too. Really gives weight to Thanos' actions. Also think it was funny that Odin has an eyepatch of sorrow.
Infinity Gauntlet (1991) Issue #3
I really enjoyed this issue. The moment between Hulk and Wolverine was one of the many small character moments that added so much depth to this struggle. I also liked how Adam Warlock is managing things with his own secret plans despite just wanting what everyone else wants. The cosmic beings weighing in on the matter was another moment that I thought added depth, showing how Thanos' snap caused everyone to evaluate things. Just a lot of killer stuff.
Infinity Gauntlet (1991) Issue #4
I didn't expect the heroes to actually fail fail. Interesting that the cosmic beings are their backups lol. This was one of the most entertaining huge scale superhero fights I have ever seen in comics.
Infinity Gauntlet (1991) Issue #5
Such an interest change of pace. I like how Adam Warlock was able to get Thanos to work with him. Thanos trying to make excuses for his failures before surrendering to the cause was a crazy moment. The only thing I was disappointed in was how shallow Mephisto's manipulation was. I feel like what he did to Thanos to get to this specific point of conflict didn't make much sense. If he wanted just to steal his power I feel like there would be more logical avenues to pursue. Cool to see how Nebula uses the Infinity Gauntlet compared to Thanos.
Infinity Gauntlet (1991) Issue #6
Really good book, I love the sense of dread and tension across all these issues. Is it explained why Nebula can't see/sense Adam Warlock? I'll have to look into it. I wish Death played a greater role in the conclusion of Thanos' character arc here.
Comments
Post a Comment