DC Nation
DC Nation Issue #6
Love reading Sharp talk about his work on The Green Lantern and getting some more background info on some of the choices
DC Nation Issue #5
Just a fun read. This magazine makes me feel like such a kid, even when they're showing you what goes on behind the curtain. There's just so much wonder and joy.
DC Nation Issue #4
The Sanctuary was such an interesting concept that should have been a bigger focus.
DC Nation Issue #3
I absolutely love how Venditti asked the question of who Hawkman needs to be today. He took the history of the character and used it to craft his owner direction, which was a bold move but worked so well. Even though I wasn't in love with Morrison's The Green Lantern, the concept was so strong. Out of the Red Hood redesigns, I think my favorite is the first round "i".
DC Nation Issue #2
I especially liked how this issue went into the process of making comic books. The first sketch of the Simon Baz cover was super cool.
DC Nation Issue #1
Loved reading about Bryan Hitch drawing Hawkman, he did a fantastic job on the series. I just love seeing creators talk about their work and creating art in general, it's very inspiring. I get why a lot of people hate DiDio but I do appreciate the way he talks about comic so much, there's a lot of passion there. Also, I'm still not over the Bat wedding not happening.
DC Nation Issue #0
I'm not usually a fan of Joker stories when it's just him, but it was a pretty good use of him for that story. The buildup of tension was good and it made sense for Joker to marinate his kill of this random man.
Bendis did a good job at writing Clark Kent's voice, but the addition of a new Daily Planet character who seems like was placed at a place of prominence doesn't sound great to be, maybe one day I'll finish reading his run.
Love the art for the JL and like that so many different character interactions and teamups were done.
The Unexpected is a comic I'll probably check up, I dig the backstory and design for Firebrand,
Comments
Post a Comment