Batman - One Bad Day: Mr. Freeze

 Decent story but I thought that the characterization of Mr Freeze was weird. The choice to follow the direction of a well known story/plot line of a character intentionally, then flip it in such a way didn’t work for me. I understand trying something new for a character that has really one big “thing” (reviving his love Nora), but this is done in a way that kinda undermines it. Mr. Freeze isn’t a tragic figure in this, he’s just a controlling husband, even before his grief, and that doesn’t feel like the same character to me. There are good moments in here, I liked the art, and the writing itself isn’t bad, but the direction taken is something I can’t fully get behind. To be honest, I just don’t think Mr. Freeze can really be done as a recurring villain if you want his story to be the spotlight.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

X-Men vs The Brood